7.18.2012

I like making people angry, honestly.

Do you guys want to read a speech I wrote a while ago? I'm sure you do. Before I rant about the rant, I'll let you read it.



This is not for me. Do you think I sat down and wrote a lengthy speech for fun? This is for you. You, sitting in the background, pretnding not to listen. We all do it. Listen for inspiration or a good laugh. I bet you weren't expecting a lecture, were you?

People always say that terrorism is the biggest threat to America. I don't think it is. You know what I think is? Freedom. How often do you turn on the news and see all the things the government is doing about terrorism? You see a lot about how they're restricting people's rights. But it's for a good cause. That's what they tell you. It's shoved down your throat and regurgitated like good little Christian children. "Gay marrige is wrong." "Abortion is wrong." They give you your opinion. And you listen.  You obey. Where does that get you? That gets you an average job - usually stable, until they start laying people off. Then what wil you do? You're just the same as the other guy, they can find better people to do your job better. Then you're out of work. And guess what? You can't do a thing about it. You're stuck on welfare. You're equal to the people you used to look down upon, jobless, broke, barely eating.

Where's your god now?

I know what you're thinking. "This doesn't apply to me. I have my own opinions." But if I wasn't talking to you, who would I be talking to? Don't try to say "But, you don't even know my name." Because what does an arrangmemt of letters mean?

I know you're offended. But I'm not sorry. You know what they say, it's a free country. I can say what I want. For now.

Go ahead and take a minute to breathe. If it has the effect I want it to have, it should have made you really rethink your beliefs. If not, oh well, I'll keep tweaking it.

I actually originally wanted to take it in a different direction. I wanted to talk more about how it seems like the American government is doing more to restrict our rights than to protect us from outside threats. Now, I know that's not true (I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not true), the government is really doing their part to keep us safe and if they weren't, well, we would have bigger issues to worry about than these petty things. This was right after the SOPA/PIPA scandal, and I wanted to write about it because it made me so angry. So I wrote something up and shared it in Lit Club.


I really wanted to make people angry with this, truthfully. I think it's a bit to short to do that, but you never know. The only people that have heard it are agreeable people, and we tend to have the same view on stuff like this.


I don't have anything else to say right now. My brain isn't working.


Much love from the girl in tight jeans, GinnaaayMarie.

No comments:

Post a Comment