7.23.2012

Insanity. Seriously.

I really need to start writing more.  The last time I wrote (more than a journal entry) was months ago. Seriously. It's bad, especially considering I really want to write professionally. Hopefully this next school year will force help me to write more. I mean, I am going to be in charge of Lit Club and all, so I'm going to have to actually write some. My kind of serious writing project has been on a back burner for well over a year, I've hardly taken one look at it since. I used to obsess over it, writing some everyday, re-editing previous parts over and over and over again until I decide to just replace everything with something new to completely change the ending. I don't know if it's better that I stopped being so crazy about it, or if it's really true that most authors are crazy. Well, here's the prologue of my life's work:
            Running down the halls, banging on the doors, I can’t seem to escape this realm of insanity. All the doors are locked, some even boarded up. I knew coming here was a bad idea. Someone’s following me. I can feel it… I can barley see the knife he’s holding in his hand or the blood stains on it. He wants something, but I don’t know what. I don’t think I’ll ever know either. I keep running, and running, and running. I can‘t stop, I have to run. If I stop, then I’ll die, and if I die, then she’ll die too. The lights are coming back on, and I see the bloody dark walls turn pure white. My ragged black jacket is now white, the bleeding stops, and I can’t move my arms…
This was supposed to be a flash forward to the rest of the story. I've heard a lot of different criticism on it, the general consent on writing forums is it's dumb because you don't know the rest, but everywhere I posted it, people loved it. In case you didn't know, the first few sentences are the most important. It's what captures the attention of the reader. Whenever I go into the local bookstore, the library, or the book section of thrift stores, I go straight to the murder mystery section and if there's not a Dennis Lehane book I don't own, I find a random one that catches my eye and I read the first page. After doing this for a few (more like 20) books, I pick out one or two that were the most interesting. This method almost never failed me.

Anyway, back to my work-in-progress. It's called Insanity, and , well, I don't even know what it's about anymore. I've tweaked the ending so much, I don't know where I want to take it anymore.


I'm totally stuck. It sucks.


Much love from the girl in tight jeans, GinnaaayMarie.

No comments:

Post a Comment